Sunday, August 29, 2010

Random happenings with my peeps

It has been quite the adjustment these last few weeks with two kids.  I am in awe of all you mothers who have multiple children, how do you do it?  I have mostly felt guilty about Cannon, and I feel like I'm always neglecting him now.  Luckily he is a pretty independent child, and is usually happy entertaining himself, but I still feel guilty.  Cannon has been so good with Lily.  He is so soft and gentle with her, and he really doesn't show signs of jeleousy.  Also, I'm very thankful that Lily is such a good baby!  She reminds me alot of what Cannon was like when he was a baby.  She hardly ever cries and is such a good sleeper.  I really hope this lasts, and it's not just her "newborn phase".  Anyways, life is good, and here is just a few pics of what we have been up to lately.

We went up to Silver Lake one night and walked around.  I think Lily enjoyed the fresh air, and Cannon always enjoys collecting rocks and sticks.
"You're smothering me Dad!"
My cute boy
Lily has become a lot more alert during the day
But as you can see it doesn't last very long..
And she's off to sleep again
Cannon makes me laugh everyday.  He has such a funny sense of humor
I LOVE THESE TWO!

Mesa turns 12 years old!!
i tunes gift cards!
$12 from Grandma and Grandpa Evans!
 Yeah.. I wasn't really thinking when I put powdered sugar on her birthday cake!

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Fun pictures Emily! Thanks for posting. It makes it a little easier to be away :( Lily is so cute...don't let her get too big in the next 2 months!

Sarah Evans said...

I read this post and just cried! We miss you guys so much! My arms ache to hold Lilly and hug Cannon! We will see you soon!

Bake Party of 6 said...

Such a cute little family! Love your pictures and sending Happy Birthday wishes to Mesa!!! Miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Jared & Larisa said...

How cute! I love the progressive pics of Lily falling asleep ... those newborns are always pretty sleepy, huh? But just think, in a few short months she'll be crawling everywhere chasing after Cannon :)

JaNette said...

Oh my gosh...such a bunch of cuties! and Mesa! what happened? I turn around and-in the words of the Bake Brothers-now she's a "young laaaady!"