Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bug Obsession

Cannon has been obsessed with bugs lately. It's cute to see him so excited, but he doesn't understand that all insects are safe to touch, such as spiders and bees. He caught a bee the other day and got stung so hopefully he wont try that anymore. We went camping last weekend and he caught a grasshopper and was holding it in his hand forever, just admiring it (I think it was old or slightly injured because it wasn't very spry and active like most grasshoppers). We have those big June bugs in our yard this time of year and Cannon loves to pick them up and hold them. I just hope he doesn't pick up a black widow spider or something like that. I have tried talking to him about not touching spiders, but I also told him about bees too, and he still caught one and learned the hard way by getting stung. What am I going to do with this kid?














Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Maria said...

Fearless. I wish I could say the same for me.

The Despain Gang said...

Such great pictures--what a cutie pie!

Sarah Evans said...

How fun! Oh, how we miss you guys. I love Cannon and bugs...Abby is the opposite and is so scared of anything that can fly, crawl, or looks like a bug:-) Give Cannon a hug for us!

Tamara said...

How darling! He is ALL BOY! But a sweet boy! He is so kind to the bugs. We are so excited to see you all in just a few weeks.

Kari said...

:D so cute! He looks just like Kevin in that first picture, you just know by that face that he's up to something!