Friday, May 8, 2009

Please tell me you didn't eat that!


So I'm not a 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure Cannon ate a dead bird fetus. Wow, I never thought I'd start a post like that! Yesterday I was working in the garden with Cannon by my side, doing the normal things he does, dig in the dirt, eat the dirt, and the rocks, grass, sticks, etc. I came across this tiny little dead bird fetus just about an inch long. I left it on a little shovel and put it on the other end of the garden because I wanted to show Kevin when he got home from work. I kind of forgot about it as the time went on, and about an hour later I noticed Cannon was on the other side of the garden playing with the shovel the bird was on. I immediately ran over to him and that little bird was nowhere to be found! I looked all over, dug in the dirt around that area to see if he buried it, but nope that little bird was long gone. I could only think of one explanation and that is that he ate it. I have been looking for any sign of sickness (salmonella perhaps?) but it has been almost 24 hrs and he is acting just fine, no diarrhea or vomiting so I figure he's okay!? Wow, I feel like such a winner of a mom, I can't get my kid to eat anything normal all day, but the least I could do is just prevent him from eating a dead bird fetus!

5 comments:

Hewards said...

O my gosh! That is crazy I'm glad he's okay. Its still pretty funny though ;)

Maria said...

How hilarious! Maybe next time you want him to eat peas or carrots or something kids think is terrible, put it on a shovel out in the dirt. He'll be sure to find it and try it out. :0 Gotta love a curious kid.

Tamara said...

Glad it didn't get sick!...but that is so like Cannon! That picture is soooo cute. We miss him sooooooo much! xoxoxoxoxox

Kari said...

Oh, Emily I can just imagine your horror! You're not a bad mom, he's just a boy! That's a story for the baby book for sure!

JaNette said...

That is awesome. Can't be a Bake kid without doing something completely gross like chewing bird fetus! I'm pretty sure that's why we have such strong immune systems...