Monday, April 6, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANNON!

I can't believe it was a year ago today I met my sweet Cannon. I remember after giving birth and holding him and thinking how lucky I was to have him. I also remember after he was bathed and then brought to my recovery room, the nurse said "Here you go, Congratulations!" and I thought to myself in a slight panic, "What?, I don't know how to take care of him myself! Does he come with instructions or something?" Even though I hadn't slept in 2 days, I couldn't sleep, and I just sat there staring at him as he slept. I had this overwhelming love for him which I still do today. Cannon has brought so much happiness to my life this past year, and I look forward to many many more! We celebrated his birthday yesterday and invited some family over for a little party. It was a fun time, especially watching Cannon destroy his cake but not eating any of it!
1 day old

Birthday Boy


I made this monkey cake for him


Helping him open presents



"You expect me to play with this?"



Before....



After

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Dave said...

I am sorry we missed the festivities. Like a dummy, I didn't realize it was Marnae's mom's birthday, and since they would never forgive us if we didn't have the kids there, we had to miss Cannon's party.

It's amazing how quickly time goes by. It looks like he enjoyed his cake. When Millie turned 1, she had eaten so much spaghetti and bread that by the time we brought out the cake, she wouldnt touch it. Literally, she didn't take a single bite. Glad to see Cannon didn't have that problem.

Dave said...

Okay, I hadn't watched the video when I made my first comment. Now, having seen the video, I just have to say, "That was Awesome". I particularly loved the Baby Bum Power Slam he gave the cake near the end.

Maria said...

Super funny video. I am sure Cannon has filled your life with so much joy. He is such a cutie.

Sarah Evans said...

That was great!!!! You made such a cute cake! We are sad we missed it, but it looked like he had fun without us:-)

The Despain Gang said...

How fun! I love b-day parties for kids. So cute. He's growing up so fast. YAY for his first steps and walking too!

Jessica said...

Too funny! Congratulations!

Tiff-E said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it's been a year either!!! He is such a cute little stud! Way to go on the cake too...SUPER cute!!! :)

Jared & Larisa said...

What a cute monkey cake- too bad Cannon squished it and then sat on it :) That was hilarious!! It made me miss you guys so much listening to the video and hearing everyone's voices. Looks like you had a great time. We can't wait to see you guys next weekend :)

Bake Party of 6 said...

Love those 1st year parties! Love reading your blog and keeping up on that cute little dude. Congratulations on that exciting milestone! We love you guys & miss you.

Marnae said...

I am so sorry we missed the big day. It was my mom's 60th and my sis and auntie flew in from out of state. I love the video. He seriously keeps getting cuter. Happy Birthday to the big 1 year old.