Saturday, March 21, 2009

Worms anyone?

Sometimes I wonder how Cannon is still alive. He hardly eats anything, but I think it's mostly because he hates being in his highchair. He will eat anything and everything he finds on the floor, so I was thinking I would just keep my floors super clean and then put his meals on the floor for him to find when he is crawling around:) I took Cannon outside with me to the garden to do some weeding and of course he wanted to eat everything he found: dirt, rocks, grass, etc. At first I kept taking everything away from him when he tried to put them in his mouth, but he would freak out and cry so I thought I would just let him learn that these things really don't taste good, but the problem is he kept putting them in his mouth!



Yummy dirt!


mmmm rocks are good!


Yummy cruchy old sunflowers, my favorite!



Chompin on a carrot we left in the ground from last year



Now you would think by the look on his face he wouldn't want to keep eating it, but that wasn't so. (Don't worry, after I took the picture I immediately went and washed his mouth out:)





Luckily I turned my head in time to see him pick this worm up, and yes it was headed for his mouth. I wasn't going to go that far and let him try it, although it may have been a good source of protein for him.





What am I to do with this kid?




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sarah Evans said...

I love it Emily...it made me laugh. I'm sure it would have been good protein. Oh, the joys of what you will find in his mouth. I'm glad you took pictures and wrote it down!

Maria said...

I have often thought the same thing - if I put it on the floor, they will eat it. I never did try it because I hate mopping my floor. Let me know if it works. Isn't it funny how kids won't try new foods but they will try everything else. Baffeling.

Tamara said...

What a cutie...even when he is eating dirt! Great post, Emily!

Jared & Larisa said...

Awesome! True boy. Can't wait to see you guys next month when Kim goes through the temple :)

Tami said...

Too funny. Too cute. "A little dirt never hurt anybody"