Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hives!

On Monday morning Cannon broke out into hives. It wasn't too bad, just a few spots on his face and some on his legs. I called his doctor and he said that he's probably allergic to the antibiotic he's been on. We started him on one a week ago because he developed an ear infection. So I stopped the antiobiotic and gave him a little Benadryl.



Tuesday morning Cannon woke up completely swollen and red on his entire body. When I saw him I just cried because he looked like someone kicked the crap out of him! I didn't even recognize him. The picture below was taken Tuesday afternoon, he looked a lot better! I wish I would have taken a picture of him in the morning, but I was too busy freaking out! I took him to the Doctor to let him see it, and he said he was almost certain it is an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. He gave me a couple doses of a liquid steroid to reduce the swelling and pain. Kevin is hoping the steroid will also buff him up a bit too. Maybe we will have him start lifting weights and see if he gets huge.


His little hands were so puffy and red. He would cry whenever I touched them, poor buddy!













This morning he woke up looking and feeling a lot better! He still has some red spots, but most the swelling has gone away, and he is back to his happy little self!











Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Maria said...

Ouch. It makes me hurt just looking at the pictures. Glad he is getting better. I think things like that are always harder on the mom.

Sarah Evans said...

Ohh! I remember when Madison got a rash like that after anti-biotics. I took her in too. Poor Cannon. Madison's never hurt. that makes me so sad to see him like that. I'm glad you took pictures. I wish we had. Give Cannon a hug and a kiss from us!

Marnae said...

How sad. That is so scary. It is so hard to see those wee ones in any sort of pain. Glad to see him feeling better.

Tamara said...

So sorry he had to go through this, and sorry for you too! Hope he will get ALL better soon. He is such a doll.

Jared & Larisa said...

Oh no!! Poor little buddy, that is so sad he had to go through that :( So glad he's feeling better. He's the cutest.

The Despain Gang said...

Oh poor guy. I've had the hives before and they are seriously miserable. :(