Monday, May 26, 2008

The "Death Hike"

For Janette's birthday we decided to torture her and take her on what she would later refer to as "The Death Hike" (Lake Blanche).
At this point it was all smiles. (Elevation 5975ft)

A little mid hike stretching.

Cannon hitched a ride in the Baby Bjorn.


But he was snoozing most the way.




Janette and Kevin



Janette and Kimberly posing before the trail turned into snow. There were still smiles at this point.




So the trail went either off to the left (the longer but less steep way) or it went straight up this Mt. Everest look a like mountain side (and when I say trail, I mean footprints in the snow). We decided to try "Mt. Everest" thinking this way would be faster. Halfway up the mountain side I think we realized this was not the case.




I think Janette was saying "I'm so pissed off right now!" in this picture.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JaNette said...

Ya, and you forgot, "I'm so over stomping in the snow right now!" I think, as Kimby says, I said that 100 times too! But it was beautiful and 89% fun and thanks so much for playing w/ me on my B-Day!!